Rock Anchoring and Soil Nailing
Stabilisation of Slopes and Rock Faces with Rock Anchors and Soil Nails
Aquasource SW Ltd supply and install a complete range of Soil Nails, Rock Bolts and Rock Anchors for the temporary or permanent stabilisation of slopes and rock faces.
Rock bolts and Rock anchors
Rock Anchors are post tensioned tendons installed and secured into rock. The anchor force is transmitted to the rock by either cement grout, resin or mechanical means. Rock Anchors are installed in oversized drill holes at any inclination.
We work with local Engineers to provide a cost effective solution to your slope stability problem.
Because we are a local Cornish Company we understand the access restrictions that many sites in Cornwall face.
Typical Applications include :-
- Anchorage of retaining walls.
- Temporary Works for protection from spalling or loose rock.
- Rock Bolting and Meshing of near vertical rock faces.
- Stabilisation of steep slopes and embankments. Road Cuttings e.t.c.
- Stabilisation and local support of underground excavations.
- Prevention of uplift (floating) of tank structures.
- Anchoring of foundation bases of silos, wind turbines etc.
- Masonry structure stabilisation for historic buildings, bridges etc.
Soil Nails are installed in soils or loose rock, and transfer force into the surrounding groundmass using a grouted tendon, rope or bar.
Mechanical anchors are also available which do not require grouting and are suitable for a wide range of formation types.
Essentially, soil anchors are used for similar applications to the above as well as :-
- Anchoring of support systems for excavations, such as sheet piling, trench boxes, shotcrete or temporary retaining walls.
- Stabilisation of steep slopes; often in conjunction with geotextiles.
- Anchorage of guy wires and cables for temporary structures.
- Anchorage of field shelters and stables to prevent wind damage.
For more information ring 01726 824837 and ask for Mark or Richie.
Soil Stabilisation of a slope in Cornwall.