Shaft Capping and other Mine Remediation Works
Shaft Capping and Mining Remediation
Because of our mining and engineering background Aquasource (SW) Ltd have a wealth of expertise and experience with dealing with Cornwall’s mining legacy.
Available services include :-
- Shaft Capping/Plugging of abandoned mine workings and other mining related features.
- Site investigation ground search assessment of suspected mining features.
- Grouting and infilling of mine workings from surface and underground.
- Mini Piling, underpinning and repairs to mining affected buildings and other structures
- Geogrid ground reinforcement installation of over mining affected areas.
- Design, manufacturing and installation of of Grills, fences and barriers to prevent unauthorised access to underground workings or shafts.
We will work with local engineers and architects to ensure the most cost effective solution for your mining problem.
We have extensive experience of working within or adjacent to World Heritage Sites and/or
areas of great ecological or archaeological significance.
If required we will liaise with all relevant statutory bodies to agree an acceptable method and scheme of work before and during works on site.
Examples of Mining and Shaft capping works undertaken
Installation of Cantilevered Beam on Tension and compression piles to support a mining affected barn conversion in Cornwall